26 October 2011

Gardein Burgers - Vegan MoFo #23


So much Gardein love lately. I stocked up yesterday because my grocery store had all Gardein frozen stuff for $2.99 (they're normally about $4.00 each). I had to try the burgers. How could I not, especially since I love the other stuff I've had lately?

You can cook these a few different ways, according to the package, and I chose skillet. I added a tiny bit of coconut oil to a large non-stick skillet. It was so easy. They tasted and felt like the old fast food burgers we all grew up on. Chewy with a little texture. They smelled a little weird when they were cooking, but they actually tasted pretty good.

I served mine up with a bit of vegenaise, some mustard, red onion slices, tomato and romaine lettuce on a store bought bun. I also baked some garlic potato bites and steamed some veg (cauli, broccoli & carrots). I'd definitely make the burgers again some time. They were a nice change from either the bocas or making my own. Maybe you should give them a shot. By the way, I bought these myself and no one has sponsored anything. It's just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment