01 October 2011

Crackadillas - Vegan MOFO #1

Hola mamacitas and papacitas!  I have been away from food blogging for a couple of weeks, but I'm telling you now that I am back with a vengeance. I plan to post every single day of October to celebrate the awesomeness that is The Vegan Month of Food - aka Vegan MOFO.

I only had a few minutes to cook today as I'm about to run out the door to go to retail hell, when I remembered seeing a recipe in Peas and Thank You by Sarah Matheny, that I just had to try. The recipe is on page 53 of Peas and Thank You and is called the Crack Wrap. Oh my god, dudes. Whoa. I thought to myself, "I've never thought of hummus and cheese together before. Sounds weird, yet awesome. I love Daiya cheddar and I love garlic hummus. What could possibly go wrong?" The answer: Nothing. I changed the original recipe somewhat.
  • I made mine into a crackadilla instead of a wrap.
  • I added onions and green pepper.
  • I just happened to have some white flour tortillas, so I used them.
  • I used garlic lovers hummus. I'm obsessed.
Well, I must say, make the crackadilla. You melt some butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Smother one tortilla with hummus. Top with onion, green pepper, cheese and another tortilla. Carefully put the crackadilla in the skillet and cook about 3 minutes on each side, or until the tortillas are lightly browned and crispy. Chow down. Repeat.

I ate 2. They're that good.


5 comments:

  1. What a tasty Vegan MoFo 2011 kick-start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! They look so good.
    Happy MoFo'ing
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'd never think to put cheeze & hummus together either but I have both ingredients at home + corn tortillas - I know what I'm having for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, ladies, these are king. I could eat them pretty much every single day. Not even kidding.

    ReplyDelete