24 October 2011

Chocolate Chip Scones a la Vegan Brunch - Vegan MoFo #20

Chocolate Chip Scones! OMFG! These are yet another reason that I absolutely must insist that you buy Vegan Brunch by Ms. Isa Chandra Moskowitz. We are completely in love with these buggers. They're perfectly crispy abound the edge and soft and flaky inside. They go perfectly with some vegan butter and a glass of cold almond milk.

I halved the recipe, making 6 huge scones. I used almond milk, butter flavor shortening, and coconut oil instead of the soy, plain shortening and canola oil, respectively. Mucho, mucho awesome.

Vegan Brunch is absolutely, hands down my most used cookbook. Do you really need another reason to buy this book already? I swear, I feel like I'm always trying to convince you guys. I'm like a crazed vegan cookbook pusher. Just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment