29 November 2010

Kindness and Cookies -- Vegan MOFO #29


I am constantly astounded and humbled by the kindness of others.  Today, I received a surprise package in the mail from someone.  Well, the contents were a surprise, I was asked for my address.  But, the point is that this is someone whom I've never met face-to-face; I know her only through Twitter.  She's a lovely individual, always offering help and suggestions...and, now, cookies!  She mailed me some absolutely delicious homemade cookies, which I have proceeded to devour.  She also mailed me a spaghetti squash.  I know, sounds funny, but we had a conversation a few weeks back about it.  I've been unable to find it anywhere locally, and she remembered that.  The surprise package was a simple reminder of how kind people are, and that we don't hear positive stories often enough.  We're constantly barraged by negativity whenever we go out or watch television.  So, I wanted to take today to do a special THANK YOU to a very kind and generous soul (you know who you are).  One day, I'll return the kindness! Count on it. 

3 comments:

  1. WOW, that's so amazing. Thanks for sharing! You're right, we *do* need to hear more stories like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with vegangela. This is amazing and we really do need to hear more positive stories. Yay for cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic! Friends, wherever and whoever they might be, are great. I'm glad you got this surprise. You are a very nice person, and I'm glad to be your Twitter friend.

    ReplyDelete