16 November 2010

Halfway through Vegan MOFO (#16)


 Wow!  I honestly can't believe I've made it through the halfway point of Vegan MOFO 2010.  I was optimistic, yet realistic about how often I would post and whether I had the gumption and drive to make it through.  I'm not really good with self-regulating my blogging, especially when the blogs need to be done everyday.  I'm just really glad I've stuck with it.  I have learned SO much doing participating in this blog challenge.  And I've made so many great new dishes myself...like finally discovering the joy that is the tofu scramble.  YUM. 

Over the last week I think I've bookmarked more recipes for dishes than I have in the last several months all put together.  I've been seeing layered vegan meat cakes, tater tot casseroles, green smoothies, Caribbean mango dishes and so much more.  I really really LOVE the creativity in peoples' dishes and their willingness to share their knowledge and their recipes!  And I love finding new food blogs to follow and get inspiration from.  On top of the sharing, many of these bloggers are on Twitter and are happy to discuss their recipes and and answer questions.  Vegan MOFO has really opened my eyes to the community of vegan bloggers-- and not just the food bloggers, but the lifestyle and AR bloggers, too.  What an amazing community, and I'm honored to be a part of it. 

I was so inspired by everyone's love of the green smoothies and their Vita-Mixes that I ordered my very own Vita-Mix last Friday.  I'm so excited to start trying out the smoothies and soups and nut butters that were just about impossible to create in my old blender.  So, hopefully, it'll get here later this week or early next week and I'll be able to start sharing my creations, too. 

Where I'd rather be today.

No comments:

Post a Comment