28 November 2010

Green Smoothie Addiction -- Vegan MOFO #28


Green smoothies.  THE drink of choice for choosy vegans.  Well, not everyone likes the green smoothies.  It has taken me a little while, but I actually crave their healthy goodness now.  At first I could really only taste the raw spinach, but now I only notice the varied other fruits I add in.  I add different stuff every smoothie, but here are the basics I put into every green smoothie:
  • baby spinach
  • pineapple
  • banana
  • golden flax meal
Today's green smoothie was -by far- the best.  It was also HUGE.  As in, half-a-pitcher kind of huge.  I only made it through half a batch, but it was stellar.  I added a little bit of everything I had lying about.  I drank 2 16-oz glasses and still had enough for another half glass at least.  So here's what I used this time:
  • 1 cup baby spinach
  • 1/2 ripe banana
  • 1 cup fresh pineapple
  • 2-3 TB flax meal
  • 5 fresh cranberries
  • 10 fresh raspberries
  • 1/2 honeycrisp apple
  • 1/2 large bartlett pear
  • 1 medium carrot
  • 1/4 cup So Delicious coconut milk
  • handful ice
  • 1/2 cup water
What are your favorite smoothies?

1 comment:

  1. Yummy combination! I used to be scared of pears and apples in my smoothies and they are good if used in the right proportion. Yum.

    ReplyDelete