15 October 2012

Veggie Curry Potpie - VeganMoFo #15

Potpie with curry-spiced sauce? Yes, please. I won't share the recipe here as I've posted one version of it in the past. Here it is: POTPIE. Instead of making my own crust, I used a sheet of puff pastry (check your labels, some are VEGAN). I use the basis of the original potpie recipe and I changed it up.

Changes:
  • topped with puff pastry
  • insides: potatoes, carrots, onions, parsnips, chickpeas, peas
  • spices: curry, coriander, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper
  • added a little extra almond milk and broth
  • bake at 400 degrees F for about 40-45 minutes, until the filling is bubbling and the puff pastry is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes before eating.
Here's the progression of dinner:




3 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! I love making pot pies with a puff pastry topping but have never made a curry filling before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I must try it this week! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you turned it in to a curry! I am going to have to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete