08 November 2012

Review: Cinnamon Bakery (They Rule)


GUYS! I've been a ridiculously busy librarian and I've slacked on blogging lately. For that, I apologize. I've been setting up all sorts of programs for my library and attending conferences and stuff like that, so food has been on the back burner.

So, with that said, I'd like to introduce you to Cinnamon! Cinnamon is a vegan, gluten-free, allergen-free bakery based out of Portland, Oregon. My friend, Geanna, has rocked out a starter business and it is booming! Her donuts are sold around Portland, at places like Food Fight (the vegan grocery store in PDX), and she even has a Treat of the Month club. Seriously, you need to check out the site.

I asked Geanna to send me some goodies to review here, and she did. And they ROCKED!!!

Here's what she sent me (and, being the nice librarian I am, I shared with my husband):


Starting at the top left and moving clockwise:
  • Cinnamon Sugar Donut
  • Chocolate Donut with Chocolate Sauce
  • PUMPKIN SPICED MINI DONUT!!!
  • Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
DUDES! They were awesome. All of them. I was sad when they were gone, which took only moments for us to scarf them all down. I seriously can't even pick a favorite. My husband, on the other hand, said that the cookies were hands-down, his favorite.

The donuts were perfection. They were sweet, without being overly sweet. They were chewy and delicious. The pumpkin mini donut was perfectly seasoned. The cookies were absolutely fabulous. They had a classic flavor that brought back memories of my childhood. I loved all of it!!

Come visit Geanna at Cinnamon and check out the goodies. You won't be disappointed. 
Here's how you can contact her:
Phone: 971-258-2995
Email: geanna@cinnamonpdx.com
Twitter: @cinnamonpdx

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Meg. You are wonderful for being willing to try out my goodies! Thank You!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a donut fan but these look yummy. Good Luck to your friend Geanna and her business. Might order some after checking out your review. Wonder if they ship to the East Coast.

    ReplyDelete