03 January 2012

Kiwi Smoothies are Rad


Smoothies. Who doesn't love 'em? Well, my dears, I have been in kind of a smoothie rut lately. I've been less than creative with my green smoothies, so I decided to shake things up a bit. I found a great deal on kiwis yesterday, so I bought 8 of them for $2.00. I couldn't resist their furry brown goodness. And, to top it off, kiwi are crazy good for you. Don't believe me? Click here for more info. So, yeah, I bought 8 kiwifruits on a whim. A damn tasty whim, if I do say so myself. What's a chickpea to do with 8 kiwi? Make a smoothie...though I didn't use 8, just 2. Forgive me for misleading you. Now make the smoothie already.

Makes 1 smoothie.
  • 2 peeled kiwi (mine were partially peeled because I like the skin)
  • 1 smallish ripe banana
  • 1 small carrot
  • 1/4 - 1/3 cup almond milk
  • a small scoop of ice
Blend all that tasty shit together and you have a wicked tasty smoothie.

I must say, though, that I was a little disappointed that the smoothie wasn't the mega-vibrant green of the inside of a kiwi. I blame myself for adding carrot and banana. But the taste more than makes up for it.

5 comments:

  1. Kiwi smoothie...who would have thunk it? Shake it up a bit bahahaha! It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was totally on board with this and then you mentioned that you like the skin of kiwis. Really!? I didn't even know it was edible!

    But hey, apart from that, I'm still on board with this smoothie. Because kiwis and bananas are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gigi, I can't believe I never made smoothies with kiwis before this! I love kiwi so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohkeeka! Yes, the skins are edible, though it seems most people never eat them. I always have since I was just a little girl and haven't died yet! It's one of those things I wanted to try as a kid and loved. The inside, when ripe, is nice and sweet and the skin adds a little tang/sourness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh this sounds good. I had no idea the skins were edible!

    ReplyDelete