15 January 2012

Kickass Kale Kiwi Smoothie


I have to say that I have never been a kale lover. I keep trying it and I never seem to like how it turns out. Anyway, I bought some a couple days ago to give it another shot. I was going to try mixing it into some of my super tasty OMG Hashbrowns recipe, but inspiration struck and I added them to my smoothie instead! I was shocked at how awesome it turned out.

I usually add fruit juice to my smoothies, but I have been using almond milk lately. To my surprise, I stumbled on this super awesome new milk at the grocery store. It's a coconut milk and almond milk blend and it rocks my socks so hardcore!!


Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about! I'm in serious love with it. Anywhoooo, give it a shot if you see it. It's comes in sweetened and unsweetened varieties, but I prefer the sweetened for my smoothies. Yum! Now, on to the smoothie.

What I used:
  • 1 cup kale
  • 1 small banana
  • 2 kiwi, ends cut off (I always leave the skin on, but you don't have to)
  • 1 medium carrot
  • 1/2 cup almond-coconut milk
  • handful of ice
What I did:
  1. Threw it into my VitaMix and blended it. Duh. 
It makes 2 smallish smoothies or 1 very large one.

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow, the almond/coconut combo sounds so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie, the milk is incredible! It's almondy with a hint of coconut. Holy yum. I can't wait to add it to curries and baked goods.

      Delete
  2. I neeeeed to find that milk!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenojoon! Do you have Kroger where you live? That's where I found this one. I'm so hooked :)

      Delete
  3. ooh, I'll definitely be on the lookout for that milk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, you NEED to try it asap!! I found it at my local Kroger grocery store for $.299. Good luck and let me know how you like it!

      Delete
  4. This sounds soo good. I pinned it on pinterest to remember to make this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikki, you NEEEED it! It's crazy good. I've been making chai tea lattes with it an it's heavenly. It's also great in cereal.

    ReplyDelete