26 January 2012

KACK Smoothie

Yup, that's one thick smoothie.
On my quest to conquer kale, I have cut another notch in my belt. The KACK smoothie. Yeah, so, KACK sounds like the noise a cat makes when yacking up a hairball...not so appealing. I understand. However, KACK is all green smoothie goodness.

Kale
Apple
Carrot
Kiwi

See? It's all good in the KACK smoothie hood.

Here are the measures:
  • 1 cup kale
  • 1 small apple (I used an ida red)
  • 1 carrot, medium size
  • 2 kiwi (I cut the ends and leave the skin on)
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
Directions....really? You just blend the hell outta this and then drink it. With a straw. It's thick. Notice in the top photo how my glass straw is standing up on its own...it's that thick.

4 comments:

  1. In german "kack" means poo... ;)
    Just fyi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Awesome. Leave it to me to make a shit smoothie.

      Delete
  2. I wish my blender was heavy duty enough for kale, unfortunately using kale results in me having to chew my smoothie (NOT good!). This looks so green and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer :(
      My vitamix blender was my one super kitchen splurge (I bought a refurbished model an it was still $300). But it was so worth it. I use it at least 5x a week. Sometimes more. Smoothest hummus ever. Also makes really smooth, uh, smoothies.

      Delete