30 January 2012

Cauliflower Steaks


Cauliflower steaks. WTH? They're essentially just thick slabs of cauli roasted in the oven. Easy. They really require no commentary! Just spritz them with some cooking oil or olive oil. Roast in a 435 degree oven for about 30-40 minutes total, flipping halfway through cooking. Don't forget to salt them just a little. When you roast it like this, you can even eat the stalk if you want. It gets nice and tender. I made mine with some mashed taters, steamed veggies and some vegan Caesar salad. It was a wholesome, filling, delicious meal. Nothing snarky there. So, yeah, I thought I'd expose you to the wonders of the cauliflower steak. NOM!

7 comments:

  1. Looks lovely - have done this a number of times. Also great is when you rub with olive oil, then crush some coriander seeds, fennel seeds and cumins seeds, mix with some salt and rub it on before baking ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might just have to try this some time soon. I love coriander and cumin, especially. Thank you for the cool idea!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You should make it, Elisabeth! It was delish.

      Delete
  3. Awesome awesome idea! My parents would laugh at me if I made this in front of them but they wouldn't even know what they were missing!

    ReplyDelete