24 September 2011

Family

My Papaw and Me in 2007

I know, I've been away for a little while, and I apologize. I was out of town for a bit for the funeral of my Papaw, who was the most wonderful, kind, loving and funny person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He was incredibly generous and always happy, even when times were difficult. I'm not sure how he remained so positive, but I think we should all try harder to let the negative go, let the anger go, let the frustration go. Embrace what is, not what was (or could be). We should share our love and be with our families as much as we are able. My family is incredibly diverse and widespread throughout the country, but we are very close and we have so much love for, and pride in, one another. Maybe your family isn't like mine, and you can't stand to be near them. In that case, find someone or a group of someones to love and lean on when you need support. Family is what matters most to me. I love them more than I can even express and I feel so incredibly, indescribably thankful to have been born into such an amazing group of people.

So, thank you for your patience as I get back into my normal routine and start cooking again. I hope you have an excellent weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that - it can be so hard to lose a loved one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meg. My heartfelt condolences. Your papaw sounds like he was an awesome presence in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss, Meg. I agree with your words 100%

    ReplyDelete