09 September 2011

Avocado Basil Pasta


After work today, I didn't feel much like cooking. I had a long, busy day and I just needed to lay about and be lazy. But, alas, my tummy was growling angrily at me, demanding food. NOW! I haven't been grocery shopping in almost a week, so I didn't have much on hand, but I did have 3 things sitting on my counter waiting to be used:
  • Basil
  • 2 Avocados
  • 1 Lemon
What to make? What to make? Google search time. There were a ton of salad dressings, but then I found this recipe from Oh She Glows. I was actually really skeptical, but I gave it a shot, altering it a bit, and it was hugely awesome.

The changes I made were simple little changes making it fit my tastes a little more. I added a bit more garlic, more basil and more avocado as I made more pasta. It would have been really good with some finely ground walnut (or pinenuts if you're a pinenut fan...I am very much not one). Also, if you have a good vegan parmesan, it would be pretty tasty, too. The sauce is sooo creamy and very vibrant. I'm seriously enraptured with the dish. I definitely recommend making it.


I'm not one to really rave here about other bloggers' recipes, but I love it so much that I just had to share with you. You neeeeeeeeeeed to try it if you love basil and avocados. They go together splendidly and you get a deliciously creamy sauce without the cream. It's vegan and tasty as hell. You can't go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment