23 May 2011

Meg's Garden Update 1

I have had a few people asking how my new garden is coming along, so I decided that I should maybe just update the blog with some photos of the progress. Things are coming along nicely, except for the watermelon and the okra, both of which have been hurt by this bizarre weather this year...freezing cold one day, flooding rain another, and then above average temps all within the span of 3 days. But, everything else is doing pretty well!! Or maybe that is just my wishful thinking as I'm a new gardener. Whatever. Here are the photos:

This is summer squash

Tomatoes, red onion, and garlic

Brussels sprouts and romaine lettuce

Some of the pea plants (sugar snap peas, I believe)

More peas on the trellis

Peas, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts

Almost everything

Tomatoes, onions, garlic, summer squash and more peas

Bell pepper, jalapenos, 2 kinds of tomatoes

Last but not least, my first strawberry!

3 comments:

  1. Yay so awesome!! glad it's working out for you, everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, your garden looks great, I love the little strawberry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your garden, everything looks like it's growing really well!

    ReplyDelete