15 November 2011

Smoothie of The Day


Mmmm! While I was away on vacation I had smoothie withdrawal, so of course, I had to make an awesome one today to make up for it. Fortunately I remembered to make a trek to the grocery store yesterday to stock back up, otherwise yesterday's Hearty Minestrone Soup wouldn't have been possible...nor would today's smoothie. This is one of the best that I've had in quite a while. Maybe I was in a smoothie rut pre-vacation. Whatever. Here's what I used:
  • 1 small banana
  • 1/2 of a giant HoneyCrisp apple (skin and core left intact)
  • 1 tangerine
  • 1 small carrot
  • 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
  • 1/4 cup cranberry juice
  • 1 small scoop of ice
Blend until nice and smooth. Enjoy.

In case you're curious, here's what I made this day last year:
Penne alla Vodka! <---Click to check out the recipe.

The view from my back porch this morning. Cold and foggy. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment