14 April 2011

Green Day...the food, not the band + Dog Blankie

I completely forgot to do my St. Patrick's Day post last month of all the green food I ate that day! I was emptying out the SD card for my camera this morning and stumbled upon my green food photos. So, Better late than never...or whatever. If you don't like it, well, too bad because here they are.

Breakfast: Green Smoothie
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup baby spinach
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/4 cup fresh pineapple
  • 1 clementine orange
  • 1 small apple
  • 1 medium carrot
  • 1/4 cup cranberry juice
  • 2 TB flax meal
  • ice, if you want some
Method:
Put everything in the blender (I so LOVE my Vita-Mix for smoothies) and blend until well combined.

Lunch: Chickpea Salad SandwichIngredients:
  • 1/2 cup (slightly heaping) cooked chickpeas
  • 1 TB + 1 tsp Vegenaise mayo
  • 2 tsp mustard (yellow, spicy brown or dijon are all tasty here)
  • 2-3 TB raw onion
  • 1 heaping TB nooch
  • 1 TB dill relish
  • 1 TB unsalted sunflower seeds
  • 1/2 tsp Braggs Aminos
  • Green food coloring
Method:
Put all ingredients in a food processor and whir a few times, until combined. I like mine chunky, but you can puree if you want. It's your sandwich, after all.

Dinner: Green Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli and Chickpea Patties
The chickpea patties are just the chickpea cutlet recipe from Veganomicon, made into thicker patties instead of cutlets. I always add more garlic and some steak sauce to this recipe. The Mashed potatoes are easy:  green food coloring, Earth Balance, almond milk and salt. And, well, if I have to describe how to steam veggies, you may be a hopeless case.

So, there you go. My St. Patrick's Day green meals. Late, but oh well.

As for my Eco-Craft I started a last week, I am almost done! Check it out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment