15 March 2012

We All Fudge Up Sometimes

I've never before posted a cooking failure here. I never felt the need. But, since I messed up so badly, I was pissed. Then I had to force myself to laugh it off and move on. I funked up some double chocolate walnut cookies today...bad. I just started a new librarian gig this week, and haven't done much cooking the last few days. My mind has been on all the new duties and things I need to remember. Somehow, while making these cookies, I added way too much butter. Who would've thought that you could ever have too much butter? Haha. Well, here are the photos of my failure. My cookies were flat as hell, oily, and burnt around the edges. Just know you aren't alone in your recipe flubs. I've had a few. You just have to pretend they never happened, and start over. No big deal!!




7 comments:

  1. Boo for messed up cookies! (I would totally eat at least a couple anyway...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cara! I actually did eat a couple. I was making these to take to the folks that trained me at my new job, and I was definitely too embarrassed to give them to them. Myself and the fella ate a few and tossed the rest. By the way, thank you for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. Okay I'm going to be honest. My very first thought was, "I'd totally break off the edges and eat the middles." And I mean it. I have a dessert addiction that can't be stopped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki- my fella and I did do some munching. I really only wanted them because I had a chocolate craving induced by the lunar cycle ;) I tossed the rest. It was sad to see them go.

      Delete
  3. They still look hella good - perhaps you could use them for a cookie crumble pie crust? Or put ice cream in the middle for ice cream sandwiches?? They look too good to throw away!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord knows I have had my fair share of failures! As long as the successes outnumber the failures we are in good shape, right?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have more willpower than me...I could never throw cookies away, no matter how bad they turned out. I'd just suck it up! I have to do that a lot anyway since I'm a spectacular failure in the kitchen. Your pics make them look really, really good though!

    ReplyDelete