22 March 2012

Another ugly smoothie...


When you mix a lot of colors, you end up with brown. And that's exactly what happened with today's smoothie. It turned a sickly brownish-green. I had odds and ends in my fridge that needed to be used, so I threw them all together. It still tasted terrific, though, so I'm not complaining. If you can get past the color, you'll dig the flavors.

This recipe makes 2 large smoohies.
  • 1 huge handful of kale
  • 1 carrot
  • 1/2 honeycrisp apple
  • 1/2 ripe banana (if you like a really banana-y smoothie, use a whole one)
  • half a handful of blueberries
  • handful of raspberries
  • 1/4 cup POM pomegranate-cranberry juice
  • 2-3 TB orange juice
  • ice
Blend, duh.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! All of my smoothies are ugly. I think this sounds awesome, especially the honeycrisp apple!

    ReplyDelete