01 July 2011

Taco Quesadilla, or, Sometimes You Surprise Yourself

I've always loved quesadillas, and was really craving one for lunch today. As I was digging around for some onion to put in my quesadilla, I found the bowl that held some amazing tempeh taco leftovers from two days ago. The lightbulb came on! I had to combine two of my favorite foods into one. And, OMG, it was fucking rad! I was starving otherwise I would have grabbed the real camera and did a photoshoot, but you'll just have to live with the iphone photo for now. I seriously can't believe how wonderful these are. I used Daiya pepperjack and cheddar for my filling, along with some fresh onion and the tempeh taco filling. On top of being insanely yummy, it took all of about 6 minutes to make. So easy and delicious. It's not really a recipe, but whatever. I just wanted to make you jealous with my rad lunch.

For 1 quesadilla, you need:
  • 2 small (taco-size) tortillas
  • 1/4 cup Daiya pepperjack
  • 2 TB Daiya cheddar
  • 1 heaping TB diced red onion
  • 1/2 cup tempeh taco filling (or taco filling of your choice)
  • cooking spray
What you do:
  1. Heat a nonstick skillet or nonstick grill pan over medium heat. Spritz the bottom with the cooking spray then add 1 of the tortillas. 
  2. Top tortilla with half the cheese, all the onion, and the taco filling. Then top with the rest of the cheese, careful to keep it from the edges so it doesn't melt out and burn in the pan. Put the other tortilla on top of the cheese and press down with your hands. 
  3. Cook about 3 minutes. Then, lightly spray the top with cooking spray and, using a spatula, gently flip the quesadilla over. Cook another 3 minutes, or until the tortillas are lightly golden and the cheese is melted. See?! So easy. SOOOOO delicious. Dig it, dudes.

6 comments:

  1. Mmmm even the iPhone photo looks delectable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg this looks delicious! 2 of my favourite things too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wiping the drool off the monitor now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks incredible! I have yet to try the Daiya pepper jack -- I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, ladies! I have made these a couple of times now. They're foolproof and super yummy!

    JL, get the pepperjack!! It's amazing. When cold, it smells and tastes odd, but heated, it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete