04 June 2011

Meg's Garden Update #2

I am so proud of my little garden! I never thought I'd love it so much. And, today, it showed me how much it loves me, too. It let me harvest a large handful of fat and tasty peapods which I added right into Happy Herbivore's Cheater Pad Thai I was cooking for dinner, which was an instant hit! LOVE IT!!! Check it out:


And now on to the gardening updates!

My first harvest! They were magnificent. You can't beat home-grown produce.

More peas. To the left are some onions.

Tomato plant- staked and blooming :)

Staked tomato plants!

Jalapenos

L to R: romaine lettuce, bell peppers, tomato. Bottom- strawberries

Top: Allium 
L to R: Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, romaine lettuce, bell peppers and strawberries

Garlic and Peas

Peapods pre-harvest

Brussels sprouts

My first broccoli!!!

So, there it is. Dig it. Gardening rocks. (And so does the Happy Herbivore Cookbook.) I'm thinking of doing a giveaway of her book because I am absolutely smitten with it. What do you guys think?




7 comments:

  1. your cheater Pad Thai looks so yummy! i agree nothing better than home grown produce & yours looks like is coming along beautifully!! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing!! Congrats on the garden, isn't it so much fun!!

    Mine is just starting, but I'm excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much! I'm loving growing my own produce. Even though I've only harvested the peas so far, they taste so much better than anything I've had from the grocery store. I'm hoping its the same with all the rest of the veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your cool garden! I am growing tomatoes on my patio :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is gorgeous! I've been so lazy about mine, and now it's so hot in Texas I'm not sure anything would survive lol!! :( Those peas are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little broccoli!! So perfect! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm kinda envious. Your garden looks wonderful. Looks like you'll keep the rabbits out. Last year I had a potted garden on my patio. I didn't expect the squirrels to destoy it... not to mention deer, beetles and whatever else.

    ReplyDelete