11 May 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Green Smoothie


Look carefully at the jar. POWDERED PEANUT BUTTER. I know you're thinking, "What the fuck, Chickpea?" And, dear readers, I was right there with you. My auntie brought this to me from her health food store and I was an instant skeptic, as I often tend to be. But, I decided to give it the ol' college try. I have to say, I'm quite impressed. Though, I have only tried it on a spoon (yummy and it cakes to your roof) and in this smoothie. I have to tell you, I am really quite impressed. I absolutely LOVE it in my smoothie. It gave the smoothie a bit of peanutty flavor without all the oil and fat of jarred peanut butter. Here's what the back of the PB2 jar says:


So, here's how I made my smoothie of excellentness:
  • 1 carrot
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1 big handful of red grapes
  • 1 big handful of baby kale
  • 1 big handful of baby spinach
  • 3 TB orange juice
  • 2 TB powdered peanut butter (PB2 is the kind I used)
  • some ice
Blend that shit up and drink it down.You can thank me later.

13 comments:

  1. WHAT!? Just when you think you've seen it all. I want this NOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how awesome it is. I'm thinking I need to add it to baked goods.

      Delete
  2. I am going to make this smoothie but does it taste sugary with PB2?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't to me. But, you could always skip the grapes to keep the sweetness down.

      Delete
  3. Thank you! I'm gonna go find some of this ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! And you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was totally thinking WTF. Clearly we have mental telepathy, at least as far as powdered PB goes. I would so try that too. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can try it out and share your thoughts with me, GIGI!

      Delete
  6. Powdered peanut butter? Did the world go mad? LOL That sounds like something I wish I invented :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!? It is actually super good. I really like it in smoothies, but it is equally as good on waffles (mixed with some water to make a paste). If you try it out, let me know what you think of it!

      Delete
  7. OH. MY. GOD. I just ordered this and the chocolate pb2 on Amazon. Thank you for making me aware that this existed!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LEE! You will love this stuff! It's soooo good in smoothies.

      Delete