21 May 2012

Not a Green Smoothie

 
There are days that I crave a massive breakfast complete with vegan sausage, pancakes and veg. Today was not that day. I craved some green smoothie...like, hardcore. Sadly, I failed at replenishing my produce because I worked all weekend. Working Sunday (my normal grocery day) threw off my whole veg game. I know, I know...I'm rambling. What the hell was I saying? Oh, yeah. So, I wanted a green smoothie, but I had no greens, thus I made a fruit-ish smoothie instead. I pretty much never make non-green-smoothies. They feel too desserty instead of breakfasty. Yes, those are words. In a crunch, this smoothie will at least get some fruit and veg into your face. It tasted pretty sweet, but was still pretty filling. I recommend it. Fo sho. If you have a little lime on-hand, I bet the smoothie would benefit from a little squeeze.

What I used:
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 5 big strawberries, green tops removed
  • 1 large carrot, peeled, or about 8 baby carrots
  • some water...maybe 1/3 cup
  • a scoop of ice
Just blend the shit out of this. Drink it down. Easy.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you think. Always looking for new smoothie ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm always stumbling into new smoothies.

      Delete