06 April 2012

Cheesy Vegan Southwestern Hashbrowns


I am, and will always be, a fan of hashbrowns. This dish is no exception. Dudes, it was awesome. A little spicy, and packed with tastiness. Don't like hashbrowns? We can't be friends anymore. Sorry. I just can't comprehend someone disliking potatoes. It goes against everything I stand for! So, suck it up and tuck into a tasty southwestern breffast. Do it.

Makes enough for 2 as a main.

What I used:
  • 1 1/2 cups uncooked potato hashbrowns
  • 1/2 cup black beans
  • 1/2 cup corn
  • 1/4 cup red onion
  • 1/4 bell pepper
  • 2/3 cup chunky salsa
  • 1 tsp taco seasoning (I make my own blend)
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • 1 TB oil
  • 1/4 cup Daiya cheddar (I know the pepperjack would be even better)
  • salt and pepper
What I did:
  1. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the oil. Saute the onion, pepper and garlic for a few minutes. 
  2. When your onions are almost translucent, add the potatoes.  You may need to add a little more oil to keep it from sticking to the pan. Cook, stirring regularly for about 8 minutes. Add in the beans, corn, seasoning and salsa. Mix well. Cook another 4-5 minutes, or until the potatoes start browning.
  3. Remove from heat and fold in the cheese. Chow down.

2 comments:

  1. You are speaking my language! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing I love more than beans and potatoes together! This is going to be dinner...TOMORROW!

    ReplyDelete