24 April 2012

Vegan Sausage Hashbrowns


If you come here often, you probably already know that I love hashbrowns. Who doesn't? Well, I decided the other day that I really needed hashbrowns, but I really wanted a little extra kick to it. What better way to make breakfast than to make it all in one dish? Dudes. Adding sausage to the hash was a stellar idea. I'm totally hooked on LightLife Gimme Lean Sausage, and find excuses to use it whenever possible (it just made an appearance on some pizza recently,too).

This is just a 1-person serving. You can do the math to double or triple the recipe. I'm feeling too lazy to do it for you. Come on, cut a chickpea some slack. I'm a hard-working librarian again.

What I used:
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen hashbrowns (I use frozen to save me some time. Feel free to use fresh)
  • 1/4 tube of Lightlife Gimme Lean sausage, broken into bite-sized pieces
  • 2 TB diced bell pepper
  • 3 TB diced onion
  • pinch fennel seed, crushed
  • pinch red pepper flake
  • pinch sage
  • pinch garlic powder
  • salt and pepper
  • 2 tsp oil 
What I did:
  1.  Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add all the ingredients and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion and peppers are soft, the sausage is browned, and the hashbrowns are golden. NOM NOM NOM

7 comments:

  1. You go Miss bibliophile. I love gimme lean but the other flavor is my fave. This is a great combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I sure missed being a librarian, and I'm in love with my job. It keeps me really busy, so I don't blog as much as I used to, but I love it. As for the gimme lean, I haven't tried the other kind yet. I'm definitely going to have to try it soon! Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Meg! You are making my detox soooo hard with showing me this delicious and tempting comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Elisabeth, I'm sorry! I had no idea you were detoxing. That sounds so hard.

      Delete
    2. Don't apologize for making delicious and tempting food :-) When I hit my weight goal, I will make this!

      Delete
  3. I don't think I've ever made hashbrowns! And I have no idea why. Yours looks so good that I might have to finally make myself some hashbrowns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! I'm a total sucker for hashbrowns, and these are no exception. If you try them,let me know what you think. Thank you for stopping by!!

      Delete