19 August 2011

What an Odd Smoothie...


I decided this morning that I really needed a smoothie. It's actually been a few weeks since I made one, so I thought I'd throw some random stuff together and see how it went. WHOA. Yumm! Dudes, I shocked even myself with this one. It sounds like it would be gross, but it was excellent. And, it was my first time using hemp milk, which my grocery store just started carrying. I think I like it. We'll see though. I haven't tried it in anything else yet. Almond milk is still my favorite, though.

For all the smoothies alone, my Vita-Mix has been amazing. I make other stuff in it, too, like salad dressings and sauces and even made soft-serve style ice cream in it a few times, but it makes the most perfect smoothies. It doesn't have any trouble cutting through pineapple core or carrots or whole apples. You'll never be able to go back to a regular blender. I've heard that Blendtec is super awesome, too. I dunno know, though. I'm a Vita-Mix gal. Well, enough blathering on. Don't freak when you see the ingredients to this smoothie. They sound bizarre together, but they taste so good!

This makes 2 smaller smoothies, or 1 very large one.

Ingredients:
  • 1 mango
  • 1 cup fresh pineapple
  • 1 small carrot
  • 1 big handful baby spinach
  • 1/3-1/2 cup hemp milk
  • 1/2 cup ice (you can add more if you like them super cold. I don't.)
Method:
  1. Do I really need to tell you how to make this? Haha.

2 comments:

  1. This smoothie sounds great to me. Looking forward to trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this smoothie sounds really good! Carrots seem to go really well with pineapple and mango, and I can never taste the spinach in smoothies.

    I'll probably be making this smoothie for breakfast tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete