20 August 2011

I Love Blueberries!

Holy crow. I so love blueberries. Possibly, I have eaten pounds of them this summer, so this post from Geanna comes at the perfect time :)

Please welcome back Geanna!

Blueberries are currently in season but they won't be for much longer, so I thought it would be prudent to share with you these delicious gluten-free and vegan ideas before they completely disappear from the farmers' markets.

Blueberries are not only fun to pick, but they taste delicious, and they make any dish instantly beautiful and full of color.

Breakfast Oatmeal (with 1/3 c. gluten-free oats, 1 T. agave, and 1 T. almond butter)



Blueberry Pie 



Blueberry Lemon Ice Cream (from Herbivore Dinosaur)


Fresh and Raw



Blueberry Syrup on Lavender Blueberry Pancakes


Muddled Blueberry-Infused Vodka Cocktail (with Chardonnay)


Blueberry/Green Smoothie



As you can see, blueberries are a versatile fruit. They really can go with or in savory dishes just as easily as sweet. Enjoy the last of the harvest!

1 comment:

  1. I share your love for blueberries. I have been dreaming of making some blueberry jam soon.

    Thanks for sharing these great photos.

    ReplyDelete