06 April 2013

Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower


Fuck Yes! I finally went there. I've had deep-fried, breaded buffalo cauliflower, and absolutely loved it. But, being a chickpea who's afraid to deep fry (long story), I decided to take a "healthier" (see: safer) method to pig out on my favorite sauce and one of my very favorite veggies. For the record, this whole plate pictured above, including the avocado, is only 187 calories. It's 3 cups of cauliflower, about 3 TB of bottled buffalo sauce, and 1/3 of a small avocado.

If you look online, you'll find an assload of recipes for buffalo cauliflower, each more fancy and complicated than the next. I'm here to assure you that this is the easiest. It took zero effort. It's fucking healthy. You'll thank me.

The batch I made was intended for a whole meal for 1 person. So, I'm not giving you an exact recipe. Just do the following and you'll do just fine.

  1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet (I used a silicone mat, but you could definitely use parchment).
  2. Put cauliflower in a bowl.
  3. Pour buffalo sauce on cauliflower and flip it around to coat the cauli.
  4. Pour the cauli onto the baking sheet.
  5. Place baking sheet in oven and cook for 25 minutes, stirring once about halfway through cooking. 
  6. Pig the fuck out.

1 comment:

  1. HA!
    I love everything about this post:
    Liberal use of "fuck".
    Buffalo Sauce.
    Cauliflower.

    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete