16 March 2013

Veggie Fajitas


Life. It gets pretty busy, sometimes. Mine certainly hasn't been immune. I just celebrated my one-year anniversary at my wonderful job. I just took in a stray puppy. And I decided to re-dedicate myself to sharing my passion for food. I let myself get burnt-out on blogging, but after my two-month hiatus, I have decided to blog when I feel like it...and not force myself. I'm sure you can understand-- sometimes, when we force ourselves to do something, we lose our passion for it. So, I'm going to just blog occasionally, and see how it goes.

So, three days a week, I work until 8pm. That's totally cool with me since I hate waking up early. But, by the time I get home, it's nearly 8:30 and I'm ready for dinner. I never feel like slaving away for an hour making dinner after I've worked all day, so I've been making a TON of fajitas and wraps lately. This was one such meal.

Veggie fajitas are hella easy, dudes. And quick as can be. Have 10 minutes? Then you have time to make fajitas for dinner.

What I used:
  • 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 medium onion, sliced
  • 5-6 mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 TB taco seasoning (I make my own blend)
  • 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil
  • salt and pepper
  • juice of 1/2 lime (FRESH! Not bottled)
  • fresh cilantro (optional, but very highly recommended)
  • homemade guacamole (avocado, tomato, onion, cumin, splash of lime juice)
  • 2 large tortillas
What I did:
  1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
  2. Once hot, add bell pepper and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Then add the mushroom, garlic, spices, salt and pepper. Cook until the veggies are all cooked through - about 4 minutes. 
  3. Pour the lime juice over the veggies and give it a good stir. Cook about 1 minute more.Your veggies should be cooked through and everything is ready.
  4. Top a tortilla with about half of the veggies, some cilantro, and some guacamole and you're ready to roll. 
 Well, dudes, maybe I'll see you again soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment