21 October 2010

Roasted Brussels Sprouts


I know, I know-- Brussels sprouts! Yuck!  Only not at all!!!  So easy. So tasty. Brussels sprouts are surprisingly yummy. I didn't eat them when I was a kid because my mom never liked them (until about 2 weeks ago). I was at my local Farmer's Market recently and I saw some little buckets of brussels sprouts for $2.00. They seemed like a bargain, so I snagged one. I really had no idea what they tasted like or how I should cook them, so I figured that I couldn't really go wrong by roasting them in my oven. I guess I don't really even need to give you a specific recipe, since there's no much to it, but I'll try anyway...because you're worth it!!

Ingredients:

  • brussels sprouts (use as many as you want)
  • extra virgin olive oil - I used just enough to lightly drizzle on the sprouts
  • salt - I like to use kosher or another larger-grain salt

Method:

  1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
  2. Chop the little stems off of your sprouts. Then slice your sprouts in half lengthwise.
  3. Remove the top little leaves of the sprout.
  4. Place sprouts in a large bowl and lightly drizzle with oil. Toss to coat the sprouts.
  5. Place sprouts on baking sheet cut sides down. Sprinkle the salt on top of the sprouts.
  6. Bake on middle rack of oven for about 18-20 minutes. I like mine with some crispy edges, so mine took about 20 minutes, but if you want them out sooner, take them out. The edges and tops of the sprouts will lightly browned if you cook them the full 20 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Another one, you're on a roll! I love eating these little suckers...but never made them at home. Another to add to my "to do list"

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm making these now btw :-)

    ReplyDelete