21 September 2012

Smoothie from My Garden


Okay, so the title of this post is a tad misleading. It's not 100% from my garden, but it is mostly stuff I grew. I grew the carrots, kale, and strawberries, but not the orange or banana. Sorry, but the harsh Michigan winters prohibit such fruits. That is your geography/science lesson for the day. This smoothie is seriously awesome. It tastes like magic. Or maybe it's just that I haven't made a smoothie in weeks. Whatever the case, it is still pretty damn yummy...and (gasp) good for you!

What you need:
  • 1 banana
  • 1 small seedless orange, peeled
  • about 6 strawberries (average sized)
  • about 6 smallish kale leaves with the thick stems removed
  • 2 small carrots or 1 medium
  • a few bits of ice

What you do:
  1. Do I really need to tell you how to throw everything in the blender and blend the shit out of it? Nah. I didn't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment