08 February 2012

The Ugly Smoothie


I was really craving a smoothie this morning, as I do most mornings. So, I got adventurous and just threw a bunch of stuff in my VitaMix. It turned out quite ugly (brown-ish green), but it did taste pretty good. Just don't look at it when you drink it. Hey, remember those old Cocoa Wheats commercials where the kids wore blindfolds and bags on their heads because the food was so ugly? No? Perhaps this will refresh your memory:



Yeah. So. There you go. 1989. Awkward and strange.

Ugly smoothie ingredients:
  • 1 medium carrot
  • 1 cup kale
  • 1/2 large red apple
  • 2 small blood oranges
  • 1 small banana
  • 1-2 TB ground flax
  • 1/4 cup cranberry juice
  • a few pieces of ice
I assume you know how to put this in a blender and blend the shit out of it. It's easy. Enjoy. Or not. Whatever you do, don't look at it.

1 comment:

  1. I just made my first smoothie. I could just taste the health!

    ReplyDelete