14 June 2012

Vegan Potato Salad Goodness


I don't have an exact recipe for this potato salad, but I'll give you the ingredients and let you pick your own measurements. Just keep adding shit til it tastes good to you. I didn't know what I was doing at all...I just kept adding flavors til it was tasty. I highly suggest that you let it set and combine flavors in the fridge for an hour. The dill has time to develop and get extra tasty. Dig it.

What I used:
  • Vegenaise vegan mayo
  • red potatoes (diced and boiled until fork tender)
  • yellow mustard
  • fresh dill
  • finely diced red onion
  • a tiny bit of fresh lemon
  • salt and pepper
  • sugar (optional-- we like it with just a teeny tiny bit of sweetness to balance the tang of the lemon and mustard)
Mix all the ingredients together and taste as you go. Add more as needed. Too tangy? Add sugar. Too sweet? Add more mustard and mayo. Cover and pop in the fridge for an hour or so. Eat the shit outta this tato salad.

3 comments:

  1. I love potato salad -- and with potato wedges? I'm there. #starchivore lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha! 'Just keep adding shit until it tastes good" That's pretty much been my way of cooking my whole life! Love it.

    ReplyDelete